The Latrobe Police Department under the leadership of Chief John Sleasman, serves and protects the citizens of the City of Latrobe with pride and professionalism. The department polices an area of 2.3 miles and 6 patrol zones. The city has several residential areas, businesses and industry, a hospital, multiple schools and multiple senior citizen high rise apartments, and a number of outdoor recreational facilities. With a population of 8,300 residents, the Police Department currently employs a Chief of Police, 3 Sergeants, 2 Detectives, a K-9 Unit, a School Resource Officer, a Community Service Officer and 5 full time Patrol Officers.
The annual National Night Out Event will be held on Tuesday, August 6th at the Latrobe Memorial Stadium from 5:30 P.M util 8:00 P.M. Details can be found on the department's facebook page closer to the event.
- Dial 911 if you have a Police emergency or need to make a report.
- Keep your car windows up and your car doors locked.
- Look out for your neighbors. If you see something suspicious dial 911.
- Be aware of home repair scams: Use known and reputable contractors.
- Be aware of internet and phone scams: Remember if you didn't play a contest or lottery, chances are you didn't win one.
- If you have information or tips on drug activity: contact the Latrobe Police Department at (724) 537-5526 extension 27. You may remain anonymous.